Thursday 5 November 2015

Shearling Jackets

Love it or hate it, it’s that time of year again. The nights are drawing in, jumpers are out, and it’s time to buy your winter coat. I personally love coat weather! It’s the perfect excuse to eat comfort food and layer up clothing like there’s no tomorrow. This season, the popular seventies look is still very much on trend and this means that textures, faux fur and an earthy palette are all essential for the perfect Autumn look. 


AW15 is the comeback season for the humble shearling jacket. I happen to have had one since 2012, when they were all the rage for the androgynous, over sized trend. I just couldn’t bear to part with it as it’s the comfiest jacket that I have ever owned. My hoarder tendencies have paid off, and now my little shearling coat is back in the lime light and they are everywhere! 
From Burberry Prorsum to Balenciaga, shearling was all over the AW15 catwalks in February. Since then, the fashion bloggers have gone crazy for the cosy coat, and street style is overloaded with all colours, styles and shapes. 

I do love that every once in a while, the fashion world embraces comfort and necessity (yes, trainers, I’m talking about you!). You can’t get a more suitable coat for the UK. I genuinely wear my shearling jacket on a regular basis. It’s not just because it’s ‘on trend’, it’s because it’s warm. 
Coats can be expensive, but they are all a great staple and can instantly update your look. As I’ve learnt, they can also be an investment piece that can last season upon season. There is a massive selection on the high street right now. The key is finding the right one to suit your style. There are some beautiful affordable choices, or you could chose to make a real investment and buy a real suede version.

It’s not just about the classic camel colours. This season there are shearlings for every style. I love particularly love the black variation, giving it a bit more of an edgy feel. Burberry Prorsum showcased beautiful rich plum jackets, and navy has also been a big hit with the bloggers. 
The length of the jacket is also key to finding one that is just right. The biker jacket shearling is a great option for Autumn, as it’s not full on winter mode, but great for throwing on over skinny jeans or perfect for transitioning your summer dresses into AW perfection.  The over sized, knee length is perfect for when you don’t have time to plan your outfit, just throw it on and it will cover everything underneath (amazing).
I’ve chosen six of my favourite high street buys, ranging in price, but all looking great and will give you an outfit to rival the street style queens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig