Thursday 31 July 2014

Vintage Stripes











I'm back! After nearly 3 weeks of having no wifi (first world problems eh!), we have finally been connected to our new provider! It's been an absolute nightmare, but the internet does seem to be faster...fingers crossed!

Onto the look. Well, as those who follow me on instagram will know, I had a bit of an ebay splurge about a month ago. I'm a soon to be 'new student' and having minimum spare cash, meant I had to be creative with how I create the looks I want. This vintage 1970's shirt was just £2.95! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and although my mum thought I would look like a cast member from 'Joseph and his technicolour dream coat' I knew that it just needed a bit of merchandising up! It's a bit like the on trend kimonos that are out there, and it could easily be worn over a bikini. However I thought Id style it with simple black skinnies and some Primark shoe-boots. I'm into the whole boho chic right now, and I love being individual with my style. I'm definitely an ebay addict right now, and to get those one off pieces that you know you won't see anyone else in, I'd definitely get yourself on ebay! 

I've seen versions of the shoe-boots everywhere for this A/W. These were only £16 and I have to admit, they are reasonably comfortable! I do worry about the cold toe thing in cooler weather though...maybe that's me showing my age and I should just think about the fashion! 

I've had the backpack for almost 2 years now, although this was the first time I wore it! I am a total backpack convert! How amazingly convenient are?! Hands free is definitely the way to go! I even bought a animal print one as a beach bag for my upcoming holiday, totally in love! I've kept the accessories reasonably simple with just a gold cuff and some majorly over-sized sunnies.

Sorry this is a rushed post, I was just so excited to get my blog up to date after 3 weeks!
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!


Lauren XO


Shirt: ebay (find some here) // Jeans: topshop // Bag: Next (similar here
Shoe-boots: Primark (similar here) // Sunglasses: River Island 
 Cuff: New Look (similar here)

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look stunning! Love your shoes!

    Monica Harmony's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you so much, so kind of you to say. I love the shoes too! Such a bargain. Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holiday and not had very good wifi. Thanks for stopping by, will go and check out your blog x x x

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig