Monday 6 June 2016

Summer Monochrome

 Some of you will have noticed that for the past year or so, I've 'gone off' colour. I just feel I have more of a capsule wardrobe when I stick to black/white/grey/navy - and that's about as exciting as it gets! Now it does get more difficult to stick to in the summer months (okay 2 hot weeks we get up here!) so I wanted to show you how I wear monochrome in the sun.

I was contacted by Dorothy Perkins a few weeks ago; they wanted me to style up an outfit from their new season pieces. I was immediately drawn to the trouser section, more specifically...culottes. Yes, you all know my obsession; well summer is the best time to wear these ankle grazing trouser perfection.



Now, I have my fair share of culottes; probably around 12 pairs. But I can honestly say, these are my new 'go to' pair. They are the perfect length, with light crepe material and best of all - they have an elasticated waist, which come on, has to be the dream! They go with everything and they are so flattering. They are so cool to wear, which is perfect if you're going away, or live anywhere other than Manchester! Now as they're black, I felt I needed a light colour on top - believe me, I'm not against as 'all black everything' look, even in summer, but for this particular look, I wanted to go monochrome.




I went for this beautiful off white, bell sleeved blouse. I've seen loads of tops with this slash, with a bow detail on the sleeve. It creates such a beautiful sleeve which is so flattering. It's also crepe material, so it hangs perfectly and doesn't get creased easily - mega bonus for me! Unfortunately, it sold out this week, but I've linked a gorgeous alternative!

I finished my outfit with these lace up bad boys. When I chose them, I wasn't sure if they'd go with everything, especially with the wooden heel detail. But believe me; I wear them nearly every day! They update any outfit, and they honestly are very comfortable, and I think they finish off the look perfectly.

I loved styling up pieces from one of my high street faves. I always buy DP jeans, they are my fail safe perfect fit, so I enjoyed mixing it up a bit...with more culottes! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig