Monday 21 March 2016

A twist on A Classic

If you're like me, and love fashion, you will know that sometimes, it's a little 'out there'. Personally, I honestly only ever wear what I like and what I feel comfortable in. However, this doesn't mean I don't like to try some new trends...that I may be a bit dubious to start off with. On this occasion, it was the the whole boob tube over a shirt trend. Yes, you read right, boob tube! I'm not sure if that's the technical name for it, but that's what I called it growing up in the 90s. I first spotted the trend on some bloggers at the SS16 shows last year. I didn't immediately realise that it was layering tops, I thought they were all wearing fancy designer shirts. It was only when the trend was featured in last months British Vogue, that I realised it was a boob tube (I'm sticking with the name).






This was a pleasant suprise as I had both in my wardrobe. Having just bought the actual love of my life AKA the wide sleeve babe from H&M, I thought I'd shake up the classic white shirt with this new trend. Sleeves have become my new addiction. I am obsessed. They can update any outfit in an instant. A little trick I discovered was to borrow my dad's shirt, which is obviously oversized. If you wear it under something, a coat/jacket for example, and just have the sleeves showing, they look oversized; a cheap way of getting the look (stay tuned for my next post where I'll be debuting my dad shirt look!)

For this particular outfit, I made sure I kept the shirt/boob tube combo as the main event and kept the rest simple, wearing my fave jeans and point flats. I think it's a great way to look mega on trend, without being too OTT and feeling ridiculous. It's great to be brave and try new styles, you never know, you may just find something you like!

Shirt: H&M (similar here) // Boob tube: Boohoo // Jeans: Asos
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig