Thursday 10 December 2015

Dinner with Radley

Last Thursday a little blogging dream came true. I was asked to a Radley event in Liverpool. When I received the email asking if I would like to join them for an afternoon of "personalisation, presents and fun" how could I say no!? What I couldn't really tell them, was that as soon as I replied to their email, I did a little happy dance around my bedroom (no, I'm not joking). 

I've grown up with Radley. My Mum, Grandma and Auntie are Radley fans and as a little girl I always remember the little Radley dog on their bags. Earlier this year, I was lucky enough to win my first ever Radley bag. It was the beautiful Clerkenwell and it came personalised with my initials. I was absolutely over the moon! I take it everywhere and I get compliments wherever I go.




I had been excited for the whole week leading up to the event. As I live in Manchester, I had also been trying to plan my journey to Liverpool. In the end, my lovely parents offered to take me (yes, I'm 27) so they could drop me off and I wouldn't have problem parking. They had the ulterior motive of getting some Christmas shopping done at the fab Liverpool One.

I nervously made may way to Cote, where the event was being held. I don't usually get nervous, but I didn't know who was going, how many people had been invited and also, it's the first big brand that's asked me to an event! I had absolutely no need to have been, as as soon as I walked through the door I was greeted by the lovely PR girls from Radley; Lauren (who is also a fab blogger!) and Shona, who both recognised me from my blog straight and gave me a big hug. I was the first there, but I noticed that we were sat at a small table for 6. The table was beautifully decorated and on each place setting was our very own Floral Street bag! The three other bloggers joined us shortly after (Laura, Jules and Sally) who were all lovely, we were so busy chatting away, we didn't order our food for a good hour!



(Laura, Me, Lauren, Sally and Shona)

I couldn't believe I had been invited by one of my favourite brands, to an intimate dinner and was sat with five lovely girls. We enjoyed a three course meal and lots of Prosecco, the food was divine! It was so lovely to see the people behind the brand. So many brands these days can be so impersonal, especially with blogging. Lauren said they wanted Radley to be different, and to really get to know the bloggers they worked with, and to choose people who genuinely loved the brand. Well I definitely love the brand and like one of the other girls said, I felt honoured to have been invited. 

After the food, we made our way over to the Radley store, where we would take a look at the new lines and meet a 'special guest'. Yes, as you've probably realised, it was Radley himself! As a crazy dog lady, this had to be a highlight of the afternoon. He (this particular Radley was a girl) was super cute and had a queue of people waiting to meet him. Before leaving, we were given the best goodie bag I have ever received, which included a beautiful watch, mug and of course my Floral Street baby. It truly was the best experience I have had since blogging. Meeting lovely bloggers and the team at Radley was a great way to spend a Thursday afternoon and I can't wait to work with them again.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig