Monday 23 November 2015

#YULEBELIEVE Christmas Party with ARK and Motel

The night's are getting darker, the leaves have fallen and it's finally cold! It may not be December just yet, but everything else is perfect for a Christmas Party. Last week, I was invited to the Ark #YULEBELIEVE Christmas event. The party itself was held at the ultra swanky Abel Heywood Boutique Hotel in the hip Northern Quarter. As usual with me, I had not been there before (I seriously need to get out more), but it's so lovely finding these great places that I would otherwise bypass. Only 20 bloggers were invited and I was fan girling when I knew who the other attendees would be. Most of them I follow on instagram and cyber stalk (so cool). We were greeted by the lovely Natalie and Jenn and copious amounts of prosecco. The room was an Aladdin's cave, decked out in glitter, unicorns and sparkly clothes. 




The event was showcasing the new range from Motel. A brand I know and love, especially from my student days, I used to get a new Motel dress for every night out! The brand is stocked on Ark, and I can fully recommend the range. Their Christmas pieces were stunning, what you expect from Motel, but I think better than before. As well as dresses covered in glitter, velvet and sequins, there was also a great selection of coats. My favourite was the faux suede aviator jacket of dreams. It's bang on trend and looks sooo expensive, I had to double check with the girls that it wasn't real leather and suede!




After some mingling and cooing over the clothes, we enjoyed some gorgeous food and more drinks. I was going to take a picture of the food, but once you tell a group of Northern girls that the buffet is ready, it was demolished within 10 minutes! Once the food was finished and mojitos were drunk (yes more amazing booze) we moved our way back into the party room. It's always so nice when there are only a small amount of bloggers. You really get a chance to meet new people and catch up with friends. I met some gorgeous girls, and it's always great to meet girls who have the same interests and passions as you. Whilst we were chatting, there was a tarot card lady doing readings. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, although I was pretty nervous, but did go for a reading and it was really fun! It was great to have such a different form of entertainment, not many people had had their cards read before, so it was fab to do something new.





At the end of the evening we all were given our secret santa gift. We each had to chose something from the motel range for a fellow blogger, and we had already emailed our choices to the girls before the event. I was quite nervous to see if my blogger liked her dress, I think she did (although it's still staying a secret!). I got this beautiful black sequin number from one of my fave bloggers, Samio. She was so happy that I loved her choice that she did tell me it was her who chose it. So a big thank you to her! It's something I probably wouldn't have chosen for myself, but I love it! I tried it on as soon as I got home, and it is just going to be perfect for the festive sesason. I am in love with the sleeves, they are so flattering and very on trend.

A massive thank you to the Ark girls, Natalie and Jenn, for another fantastic event and amazing goodie bag. I felt well and truly spoilt and very lucky to have been invited. 

THERE IS CURRENTLY 30% OFF EVERYTHING AT ARK!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig