Friday 6 March 2015

Marks and Spencers Fashion Show














Hello and happy Friday! There's something strange and magical happening up in Manchester today...It's SUNNY! Yes, the rare thing we call sun, has finally made an appearance in March! This has totally renewed my enthusiasm for SS15 and I am planning blog posts as we speak. 

So last week I was invited to the Marks and Spencer Fashion Show and I took along the lovely Holly from Rock On Holly with me! It was very exciting as they told us no other bloggers were attending the 1pm show, so we felt very special. If you didn't know already, M&S sponsored London Fashion Week, so this was their highlights of the AW15 shows and trends, and a look at their new SS15 collection.

We were given Champagne on arrival and were seated on the frow with a few members of the Hollyoaks Cast, so exciting! Belinda Earle herself (M&S style director) welcomed everybody and then we watched a short film from LFW showing us their favourite looks.

The show was fantastic from start to finish. I know I may be biased, but honestly, every outfit was stunning, wearable and so on trend. I even spotted my flares (which I was wearing!). Some of the clothes were available already, but most were a preview, and trust me you are in for a treat! Masculine brogues, stripes, culottes, waist belts and the good old birkenstock style sandal will be all over the SS15 wardrobe of you M&S shoppers. 

Believe it or not, it was my first ever fashion show. I have always watched them online, but I am now addicted to the frow! Thanks for having us Marks ans Spencer, we love every minute!

On to what I wore. Well, if you haven't already worked out, I'm slightly obsessed with the 70s. I have been for a few years, but the fact it's on trend and so easily accessible now is just heaven! I wore fantastic fitting flares from M&S of course, unfortunately they have now sold out, but I was assured there will be more available asap. I teamed it with my amazing faux fur jacket from Coast. I got this baby for £59 down from £195! How could I say no to a 75% discount! To be honest it took me a while to get the confidence to wear it, as I live in a little village that isn't really the fashion capital of the world, but I threw caution to the wind and braved it, and I haven't looked back since!

To finish the look, I added my beautiful star bag that I bought in the ASOS sale at Christmas. It just tops off the 70s vibes.

I am off to get to SS15 looks ready for you guys, have a fabulous weekend!

Lauren XO


Jeans: M&S (similar here) // Jacket: Coast // Bag: Asos (similar here)

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What a fun event! You rocked those flares too...and that bag is so cute!

    xo Lana
    www.decadentdissonance.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig