Wednesday 18 March 2015

Double Denim







If someone had told me a few years ago, I would be wearing double denim (outside and not on laundry day), I would never have believed you. But as the denim trend is going no where, I thought I'd give it ago!

I actually love it! I always imagine 80s unflattering jeans and mullets when someone says 'double denim' however this frayed edge dress from Monki changed my expectations. Frayed denim was all over SS15 catwalks, and although it's taken a while to filter down to the high street, It was definitely worth the wait. This isn't OTT, just slightly frayed to give a different texture and modern twist. I can't wait to wear it in summer with some gladiators!

The jackets is from Depop, £7! I definitely recommend Ebay and Depop for denim jackets. I always see really affordable ones on there! 

As I shot this in Manchester, UK, it was FREEZING so I teamed it with my over the knee boots which just seem to go with everything. 

How do you guys feel about doubling up? Would you go with the trend or is this not for you? I love to read your comments on here and Instagram, so do feel free to tell me your opinion :)

See you soon,

Lauren XO

Dress: Monki // Jacket: Depop (similar here) // Boots: Next (similar here)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is such an unusual look, but it works really well!! Great job on pulling off the double denim. Also, what a steal, 7 pounds is such a good deal!

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Design,Keep up the good work.Keep updating.
    Fashion Institute In Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig