Sunday 18 January 2015


The Liebster Award



Hi again guys! This time I'm writing all about the fantastic Liebster Award. I had no idea what it was until the lovely Susie from Leopard Living nominated me for one on Twitter yesterday. Now I don't know if you guys have worked out yet, but I am rubbish on Twitter. I only got it last year, and I just have no idea how it works! I only have 43 followers, and I just can't seem to work out how to get noticed on there. I find Instagram much easier, but I must make more of an effort to suss it out!

Back on to the award! It's basically a brilliant way for new bloggers to get more exposure and find new blogs out there that have less than 1000 followers. Someone will nominate you and you have to thank them, and tag their blog, then answer the questions they set for you. Then in return, you nominate some new bloggers you like, set the questions and they do the same for you. It's like a chain letter, but you don't have to take part, it's completely optional, but I personally think it's a fab idea! 

So here it goes! 


Why did you start blogging?
I love fashion and followed blogs. I studied teaching at Uni, so wanted a way to express my passion for fashion!
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Definitely meeting (or just talking online) to other bloggers who have the same interests as you. I have made so many lovely friends (from all over the world!) in the short time I have been blogging and I just love all of the girl power! Everyone is so nice and we all really support each other (this award for example).
What is your favourite high street store?
Zara. Without a doubt. They have the best high street 'copies' from the catwalk at reasonable prices. 
What is your favourite holiday spot?
Turkey. My husband's family live in Turkey, I got married there and lived there for a year. I love the people, food and obviously the weather!
What camera do you use for your blog photos?
I actually use my Samsung Galaxy S4! I know, so unprofessional, but I don't have any other camera!
What type of posts do you enjoy reading the most?
I love finding out more about the blogger. I think instagram and the internet in general can make everyone's life look 'perfect'. I like to know the reality (nobodies perfect!) and get to know the passion behind the blog.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I'll be 31 in 5 years time! Errrrr! I do not feel 26 at all, so I doubt I'll feel 31. I would love to be working in the fashion industry at some level. I know I would have to work my way up and be very driven, but It's my absolute passion, so I want to succeed.
What is the story behind your blog name?
I've suffered with anxiety since the age of 12. So much so, I couldn't leave the house for a few years. I'm lots better now, but anxiety and panic are still apart of my life, and have made me stronger and the person I am today. So fashion panic was a way of making anxiety a positive aspect of my life.
3 favourite style icons?
This changes a lot on a day to day basis. I feel I don''t have a particular 'style'. I love minimal styles, vintage and also boho chic. But today they are; Sienna Miller, Lara Bingle and Victoria Beckham.
If you had to take an object with you to a deserted island, what would you take?
If people and food were not included (and we had internet) it would be my phone. 
Which item in your wardrobe can’t you live without?
Boyfriend jeans. Love them. Have 3 pairs and they are all so comfortable and stylish and take me through all seasons!

So my nominations are; 
Melissa from The Ruby Blonde 
My favourite Swede from Miss Superficial
Kayleigh from The World of Kayleigh
Lauren from Lauren Marie

Here's what you have to do girls if you want to take part;
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
5. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

The questions from me;
How long have you been blogging for, what made you write that first post?
Who is your favourite designer?
Have you studied fashion/beauty or is it just a hobby?
Who is your role model (in any area of your life?)
If money was no object, where would you shop? (clothes or beauty) 
Favourite Celebrity?
What other hobbies do you have?
Would you like to have a career in fashion/beauty? Or is your blog just for fun?

Can't wait to read your answers! If your're reading this and haven't been nominated, leave a comment below and I will tag you in this post too!

Lauren XO

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This was a brilliant post! I really enjoy reading posts that allow you to get to know the 'blogger behind the blog' too. I know that's an incredibly corny thing to say though.

    Best of luck with your goal of working in the fashion industry! :)

    I'm also a newbie blogger from Manchester. So, I feel like I can relate to you. It's actually really lovely to find another Northerner! I have absolutely nothing against Southerners, of course. But, I do feel a little sidelined as a Manchester girl, it has to be said! I haven't even been blogging for a full month yet though, so I can't really say that, but yeah, ha.

    Christina x
    christinacampbellhughes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina! I also love the more personal posts, pictures don't always say 1000 words! I love your blog, and you're a fellow Northener! Wooo. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment, lots of love x x x

      Delete
  2. P.S if you fancy it, please do take part! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig