Wednesday 8 October 2014



Vintage Blouse









Hello! I'm back today with another ebay find. I found this vintage 80s blouse one night whilst watching Downton Abbey...I was distracted and started to think I needed a new shirt. However, since I have limited funds, I thought I would just have a mooch on ebay. Literally 5 minutes after searching for "vintage blouse" I found this babe! It was described as an "excellent condition vintage find" and was only £2.99. It really was as described and fit perfectly! I knew I wanted to pair it with my 70s style floppy hat, and go for a vintage feel kind of look.

Sixtes and seventies influences were all over the AW14 catwalks. Oversized hats, kick flare jeans and wall paper print dresses have now made it onto the high street. I love it all! 

I am a massive vintage fan. I suppose I'm not into all pieces being vintage, I like to bring things up to date. But I love a good rummage through vintage shops and as you can see, a good browse on ebay.

So this look was seventies inspired. I love the silhouettes; flowing fabrics, flattering high waist trousers (think 1970s Charlie's Angels). However, I just can't find a nice pair of kick flare trousers! I have tried asos and Topshop, but so far they are all a bit 'boot leg' rather than actual flares. If you have any recommendations please let me know! So for now, I just used my good old staple, Topshop skinnies.

The hat is from H&M and I have to admit here and now; I have a total hat obsession. Ever since I was little, I couldn't resist trying all sorts of hats on, wherever I could get my hands on them! So thank god it's now Autumn and the hats are out in force! I have already bought 3 or 4, but I have to say this is the most versatile of the lot. It's incredibly comfy and surprisingly warm, so perf for the colder days. Stay tuned for more hats over the coming weeks!

Hope you've all had a nice week guys, see you next Wednesday,

Lauren XO

Blouse: ebay, search "vintage vlouse" (similar here) // Jeans: Topshop // Hat: H&M Bag: H&M // Shoes: New Look

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm looking for some decent flared trousers as well! Hopefully we'll both find some before the trend has run its course! Outfit is amazing and you look beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! So sorry only just seen this! I found some! Asos! They are a tad on the expensive size, but I'll see how they look. Hope you're well lovely x x x http://www.asos.com/Blank/Blank-NYC-Skinny-Flared-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3790119&cid=11316&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=13&gridsize=3

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig