Wednesday 11 May 2016

Karen Millen - Atelier Collection SS16

Living in the North, (especially blogging in the North) it can sometimes feel as though we’re missing out. London is always a hub of fashion events, new store openings and the latest brand collaborations. Being a proud northern blogger myself, I’ve always enjoyed working with brands who appreciate that Manchester and the surrounding North West is actually a fantastic, up and coming region full of creative talent and enthusiastic fashion lovers! So imagine my delight when one of my favourite brands (ever); Karen Millen, contacted me to ask if I’d like to be involved with the launch of their new Atelier Summer 16 Collection at our very own Intu Trafford Centre. To say I’m a fan of Karen Millen is an understatement. I have chosen to wear KM dresses on some of the most memorable occasions in my life; including my graduation and my honeymoon. I knew that I would feel incredible in a beautifully tailored dress, which always fits to perfection. Occasions and Karen Millen go hand in hand, and it’s often the first place many women go to find the outfit that will not only turn heads, but will be an investment and a great addition to their wardrobe.




The Summer 16 Atelier Collection is a celebration of all things floral and tropical; inspired by botanical drawings and with a rich expressive colour palette. Each piece of the collection is designed in house, at their headquarters in Shoreditch, London. This allows the creative development of every part of the garment, from the first sketch, to the finished piece, to be carefully monitored and with every intricate detail closely observed. The time and dedication that goes in to each and every piece, ensures the quality and craftsmanship. In fact, the fit and flare dresses are made from beautiful scuba material which is spun in Karen Millen’s very own Italian mill in Lake Como – the dream!
The Karen Millen Atelier Collections aim to; “...showcase craftsmanship, in turn allowing...experimental and exclusive fashion pieces with a unique focus on technique, creativity and innovation”. It’s this innovative forward thinking, that’s allowed KM to stay on top of their game, reaching a market audience ranging from teenage girls and proms, to mother of the bride outfits. 




The summer Atelier Collection 2016 was launched in stores on the 6th May, and the official Manchester launch event will be held at the Intu Trafford Centre this Saturday, 14th May from 11am – 1pm. The event will not only showcase the new high summer collection; but there will also be refreshments and pampering for customers to enjoy, with a special gift of a KM pouch with any purchases over £200!

During the event, there will be an exclusive screening of the new Atelier Collection film, created by the super talented mixed media film maker, Gemma Yin Taylor. Modelling the collection throughout the film, are the three girls who were voted for by the public on the casting app – Feels. The girls, and stars of the film, were already big fans of Karen Millen, and CCO of the company, Gemma Metheringham, explained that KM is passionate about “championing creative, emerging talent” something that is showcased throughout the new film.
I was lucky enough to be able to choose something from the Atelier Collection and style it up with some other pieces from the store. Well, I was in my element! The theme for my post is summer occasion dressing, and what better place to be than Karen Millen. I have an upcoming wedding in August, and I found the perfect dress within minutes.





Although the collection has some wonderful colourful and striking pieces, it was the stunning monochrome cardigan the caught my eye. I love vibrant colours, especially in summer, but this piece was something I knew I could wear all year round. The beautiful floral print is not only unique, but timeless and classic. As with all KM pieces, you can feel the quality as soon as you feel the material. It’s also the perfect length, stopping just at the waist, which is super flattering and really synches you in.

So, I had the first piece of my outfit, I now had to pair it with something that I would feel great in. Well, it was definitely love at first sight with the stunning navy embroidery anglaise dress. The colour is perfect for a late summer wedding, and will work great whatever the weather. As usual, with all of my Karen Millen dresses, it fits like a glove. I cannot praise KM enough for making dresses for real women, with real bodies. It’s tight in all of the right places, flattering any figure, and the polo shirt top gives it a modern twist. I finished my outfit with the perfect pair of black heels, which again, I will be able to wear with anything.


I look forward to seeing some of you at the event on Saturday, if you can’t make it down, you can shop the new summer 16 Atelier Collection here.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig