Thursday 18 February 2016

The Ruffle

  The ruffle, frill, flouncy decoration; whatever you call it, it's in this season. On the catwalks, it embodied feminine shapes, florals and lots of pastels! Everyone from Erdem, with his exquisite finishing touches to Holly Fulton, who added a very subtle frill, the fashion world fully embraced the fancy addition to their new season pieces.

Since ultra girly isn't really my style, I wanted to find a more dressed down and contemporary way to get frills into my wardrobe. I've become a sucker for monochrome for the past few months. I find I can put together outfits quicker, better and feel comfortable when I stick to a one tone palette. It must be age; I want to feel stylish and 'put together' compared to my past literally 'thrown together' looks. I love my new wardrobe and the best thing about it, is it doesn't have to cost a fortune. 

This boohoo jumper was just £15. I know right. The price of a few drinks, but worth so much more! Imagine my delight when I stumbled across it on the 3rd page of 'tops'. I couldn't believe it hadn't sold out already with such a bargain price! I ordered the white as I wanted to 'Spring' up my look, plus I always go for black.






I'm loving that skinny jeans are well and truly out this season. That doesn't mean, if you love them, don't wear them, as I always believe things can never truly be 'out'; however for those of us who aren't massive fans of very tight pants, then the new relaxed fit to jeans is great news. I have loved mom/boyfriend/girlfriend/cropped flare/wide leg jeans for years, so I'm glad that it's finally on trend! Wide legs are my absolute fave, so when I found this cropped pair from asos, for just £11 I had to get them. They turned out to be my best buy; I've had them for a year and wear them at least twice a week!

I loved the simple silhouette the jumper and jeans created; but I definitely felt the need to add a heel, just to make it ever so slightly more flattering. I finished with the boots that won't be removed from my feet at any cost, and my black gold chain bag. I'm super happy with this outfit, and wish I had saved it for LFW...no I have no clue what to wear!

Jumper: Boohoo // Jeans: Asos (similar) // Boots: River Island // Bag: Catwalk Killa 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig