Saturday 3 October 2015

Oversized Knits







So it's no secret that I like a good pair of culottes. Nearly every outfit post for the past year has involved a pair. I can't help it! They've probably been around for over 2 years now, but this year I discovered the miracle worker that is, the heel. Oh yes, put me in a pair without heels, and I look like a 12 year old school boy. Not great. But whack a pair of heels (any height works!) and I just can't get enough!

This particular look was for the Puffa event. It had been freezing all day and I had a cold, I needed comfort! After searching through my wardrobe for what seemed like hours, I finally found this orange dream knit. It's three years old (blasphemy!) and I have worn it nearly to the point of destruction. But it's cosy and warm, and paired with my Primark culottes, it actually looked okay!

Oversized, androgyny looks are a massive hit with the street style girls. It's a look which is wearable! The jumper is cropped, but very oversized in width which I think made a good silhouette against the slightly baggy culottes. Add the mules and my MK and I was ready! 

This outfit can be replicated so easily by items of clothes that you already own. One pair of black culottes will see you so many occasions and seasons. If you only want to buy one key piece this season, make it a pair. They will take you through AW with some snazzy anlkle boots, or even worn over over the knee boots (very 70s!).

I have a lot of writing up to do now. Such a busy blogging week! I have also been writing a few articles for some online magazines, which I will publish on here too.

Have a great week!

Lauren x

Jumper: River Island (similar) // Culottes: Primark (similar
 Mules: New Look (similar) // Bag: Michael Kors

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this jumper, so excited for roll necks and chunky knits this winter!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kylie! Anything to hide under is good with me! xx

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig