Tuesday 13 October 2015

Hugo Boss Event

A few weeks ago, I was very lucky to be invited by Emma at Sarcasm and Style, to be her plus one at an exclusive Hugo Boss fragrance launch. Needless to say, I was super excited! It was held at the very quirky, yet amazing Hotel Gotham in Manchester. I'd heard lots of great things about the hotel, which just added to the excitement. Choosing an outfit was actually quite easy. I say easy, what I mean to say, is that I had about 2 hours to get ready, so I threw on whatever was washed and ironed! I think it turned out relatively okay for such a rush!






Obvs, I went straight to my amazing £12 Primark culottes. They have quite a dressy feel as they are black, which I thought would just about be posh enough for Hugo Boss darrrling. I paired it with quite a casual denim blouse from M&S with the best sleeves EVER. I thought I'd go for minimalistic, classy, yet bold look. I finished the look with my F&F lace up shoes and over sized clutch.

I was actually in awe of the hotel itself. How I have not noticed the building before, I'll never know. I immediately got the Gotham reference, it looked like the set of a Batman movie! So cool! After meeting Emma, we were instructed (by a man in a traditional bell boy outfit, and the most amazing moustache I've ever seen!) to go to the bar on the sixth floor. Well, what can I say. I felt like I had been transported to NYC, everything about it screamed Manhattan! We met the lovely girls from the PR team, and were offered any drink on the menu (some AHHH-mazing cocktails!). 






It was then on to the presentation. The event itself was to launch 'Hugo Boss - The Fragrance' (for men). We had an introduction to the science behind the scent, which was actually fascinating. People who put together fragrances are geniuses! The smells you wouldn't think go together, but do and the smells you don't like but when mixed with something else, turns into the most amazing scent ever, I just don't have a clue how they do it!

We had some lovely food, followed by mingling with the other guests. We also had the chance to go and take in the breath taking views from the roof top balcony, which was just stunning. 

Before we left we were given a gift bag with a full size bottle of the fragrance and after shave too, worth a massive £90, totally spoilt! Sorted out my hubby's Christmas present then...

A massive thank you to Emma for letting me tag along, it was such a great night with great company!

Lauren x

Culottes: Primark (similar) // Blouse: M&S (similar-ish) // Shoes: F&F (similar

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Babe, so proud of you!This looks like the perfect night. im glad you got to go there!
    your outfit is also incredible. Obsessed with those sleeves!

    best, always!
    cortne
    www.werenotexclusive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gorgeous! So sorry, only just read this. You are so lovely. If you're ever in the UK I'll take you for drinks at this hotel bar! xxx

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig